Ernie Els has not only contributed to the growth of the game through his Hall of Fame career inside the ropes; but through many grass roots efforts attracting more players to the game.
The most chronicled and storied history of the Ernie Els & Fancourt Foundation is considered by some one of his greatest achievements. Since its founding in 1999 the Foundation has benefited directly or indirectly hundreds of students including three major champions and numerous Tour winners. It is not just about winning majors, though; it is about allowing young people to become well-adapted adults through the principles that golf provides.
The Els Performance Golf Academy [EPGA] is Ernie’s latest effort in sharing that success story across the globe; giving juniors and adults an opportunity to learn the game the way it should be played, adopting an individualized approach using the most up-to-date technology, diagnostic and teaching strategies. The first facility will be located in the beautiful Ecopark community in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Click here to visit the Els Performance Golf Academy website.
“Practicing is a way of life for a tour professional and we have access to the very best in terms of facilities, gym equipment and coaching, but those things can be very hard to come by for a lot of amateur golfers,” comments Ernie. “That’s what first got us thinking about the Els Performance Golf Academy, the concept being to give players of all ages and abilities the opportunity to work on their games in an inspiring environment with access to the very best facilities and great coaching. That’s the key. The EPGA helps change peoples’ mindset about practicing. They won’t see practice as mundane or a poor substitute for a game of golf. They’ll love coming here to work on their game and get better. It’s more of a tour pro mentality for the masses.”
Facilities & Technologies
EPGA will be recognized as a “best of breed” golf academy in each market and operated by the owner or recognized golf management company in conjunction with the overall operations.
- Extensive short game zone, with bunkers, putting and chipping greens
- Oversized tee box area for EPGA students with natural grass
- When market appropriate mini- hitting bays with composite turf
- Indoor areas with swing analysis studio featuring V1
- Allocated fitness area for body screen analysis and golf specific exercises
- 3-d and putting laboratory
EPGA programming developed in conjunction with the operator and specific market needs may include:
- “Early Els” for ages 4-6 with Fun, Athletic Skill games and implementation of the patented “Snag Golf System”
- “Junior Development Series” taking children from 6-15 years old through graduated steps with a colored hat grading system. Long term athletic development, teaching to biological age rather than chronological to achieve sustainable and rewarding tuition.
- Player Development Series
- Private Lessons
- Corporate Golf Outings
- Variety of Group Clinics
- Elite Tuition for aspiring professionals
- Custom golf fitting capacity and/or club repair