Ernie Els has not only contributed to the growth of the game through his Hall of Fame career inside the ropes; but through many grass roots efforts attracting more players to the game.
The most chronicled and storied history of the “Ernie Els Fancourt Foundation” is considered by some one of his greatest achievements.
Since its founding in 1999 the foundation has benefited directly or indirectly hundreds of students including 3 major champions and numerous tour winners. It is not just about winning majors though; it is about allowing young people to become well adapted adults with through the principles that golf provides.
The Els Performance Academies is Ernie’s latest effort in sharing that success story across the globe; giving juniors and adults alike an opportunity to learn the game the way it should be played adopting an individualized approach using the most up to date technology, diagnostic and teaching strategies.
Facilities & Technologies
- Extensive Short Game zone, with bunkers, putting and chipping greens
- Oversized tee box area for EPA students with natural grass
- When market appropriate mini- hitting bays with composite turf
- Indoor areas with swing analysis studio featuring V1
- Allocated fitness area for body screen analysis and golf specific exercises
- 3-d and putting laboratory
EPA programming developed in conjunction with the operator and specific market needs may include:
- “Early Els” for ages 4-6 with Fun, Athletic Skill games and implementation of the patented “Snag Golf System”
- “Junior Development Series” taking children from 6-15 years old through graduated steps with a colored hat grading system. Long term athletic development, teaching to biological age rather than chronological to achieve sustainable and rewarding tuition.
- Player Development Series
- Private Lessons
- Corporate Golf Outings
- Variety of Group Clinics
- Elite Tuition for aspiring professionals
- Custom golf fitting capacity and/or club repair